Friday, May 1, 2009

Progress after week 7

After the advice from Jeremy and Graham in week 7 studio, we realized that the weakness and insufficient of our model. As the previous model is an ArchiCAD model which created by Joanne, and we both reckon that it would take extra time if we go back and fix it in ArchiCAD, then export it again to 3Ds Max, then Crysis; so I suggested that I can re-build it in 3Ds Max straight forward instead of going back to ArchiCAD. It finally took me 6-7 hours to do it, but I think it really worth, as the model looks better and close to the original drawing; moreover, I add all the details (slabs, holes and plant) to the model and make it looks more elegant. Another benefit is I can edit the material easier, as each element of the model is independent and can be selected and apply material separately; instead of the model imported from ArchiCAD, all layers and elements are merged and cannot be edited individually.

Here are some pictures which I captured during the re-build progress.























And some render pictures of the model by using 3Ds Max






Entrance of the model

No comments:

Post a Comment